Thursday, May 13, 2004

NOTE FROM MANAGEMENT

I have to say, I'm not at all pleased with the new interface that Blogger has foisted on us. For you folks out there who just read the blog, "behind the scenes" there have been some changes whereby the entity that hosts us has changed the way we make posts. So far, the new way is slow and prone to sudden freeze-ups.

Every time I have tried to post this week, there is some kind of screw-up, and today Blogger lost my post entirely. Since I'm doing this on company time, I can't really go back and spend another 45 minutes or whatever redoing it. So, here's the Cliffs Notes version: gas prices are going up, Nick Berg's death was shady in a way that reflects poorly on US authorities, Republicans in Congress are pissed off at Bush, Rumsfeld is trying to kill the Stars and Strips newspaper for being too independent, and in a truly "down the rabbit hole" moment, he says the reason he won't release more pictures of US torture at Abu Ghraib is because to do so would violate Geneva Convention rules on the treatment of prisoners.

You'll have to take my word that I was insightful and hilarious.

-Consider Arms, considering using a different server